Tuesday, August 30, 2011

New Submission to Talent House Last Night

Well, last minute I decided to enter the Talenthouse contest to design for John Lewis in the UK. This contest would mean that I would design and iPad and iPhone cover that would be sold exclusively throughout their stores in the UK. I couldn't believe I was up until 12:40 last night, but today is the last day to submit, so I had to finish. When you are a stay at home mom and artist, you have to "make hay while the sun shines."

 http://www.talenthouse.com/creativeinvites/preview/af566cdb5e090d58f1217bcca794c93a/242

Artists had free reign to design whatever they wanted. I wanted to design something that spoke to my own style as an illustrator, while trying to appeal to large group of people. This is my first time designing for a "product" and applying my illustration. It was a great learning experience. Most people of course use Illustrator and Photoshop and they look great. For myself, my illustrations are hand drawn and painted so wanted to stay true to myself and my art.








No comments:

Post a Comment